MAY 3 2022 / ISSUE NO. 22 / ARCHIVE
This Week's Top Stories
Palms Casino Resort Las Vegas officially reopened on April 27th at 9pm, after the first dice were rolled. The opening celebration began with a traditional Tribal ceremony led by the San Manuel Gaming and Hospitality Authority (SMGHA) Board and Palms General Manager Cynthia Kiser Murphey. The SMGHA board presented charitable contributions to three local non-profit organizations including Mondays Dark, Las Vegas Indian Center, and Opportunity Village.
Pacific Group, a commercial and residential real estate development firm, and the City of North Las Vegas announced the approval of a development agreement for a medical destination campus for mixed commercial use, including healthcare, research, and business facilities on the 135-acre Job Creation Zone located at Pecos and 215 across from the VA Hospital in City of North Las Vegas.
- In Southern Nevada, the number of high-value home sales nearly doubled in 2021, increasing from 1,082 in 2020 to over 2,100 in 2021. The average sales price of these homes was $1.8 million in 2021.
- Nearly two-thirds of all high-value home purchases in Southern Nevada occurred in neighborhoods in Summerlin and Henderson. Homes in these areas sold for an average of $1.9 million.
- The top-selling community was The Ridges with 135 closings, followed by Red Rock Country Club with 100.
🏗️ UnCommons Begins Phase II Construction, Adding Two Office Buildings, a Conference Center and Parking Garage
UnCommons, the $400 million mixed-use development project by Matter Real Estate Group, begins Phase II construction in Las Vegas. Phase II will have a 5,000-square-foot conference center, two office buildings totaling 180,000 square feet, and an additional parking garage with nearly 750 parking stalls. The construction is expected to be completed by summer 2023.
Vegas Young Professionals Mixer
(Please check your email image display setting if you cannot view the video below.)
Community Real Estate
- Fisher Brothers Acquires 747 Aircraft To Be Used As An Immersive Experience in Las Vegas
- Vū Studios Hosts Grand Opening in Las Vegas And Brings A 100-Foot LED Volume Soundstage to NAB Show
- Shoes That Fit, Zappos and Boys & Girls Club of Southern Nevada Donate New Athletic Shoes to Local Students
- CSN Student Team Wins First Place at Blackstone LaunchPad Pitch Competition
- LVGEA CEO Tina Quigley Joins Workforce Connections Board
- LVGEA COO Jared Smith Named Among Top 50 Economic Developers of 2022
- LUXUS Design Build Appoints Travis Holden As Project Manager
- Argentum Partners Expands Team in Las Vegas and Reno
Vegas Business Digest is a forward-thinking, local digital media publication that focuses on Las Vegas business news and community. #HomeMeansNevada
To submit press releases and articles: firstname.lastname@example.org