HAPPY NEW YEAR! Thank you everyone for supporting Vegas Business Digest and local, independent media. See you next year!
This Week's Top Stories
Fontainebleau Las Vegas announced its leadership team that will oversee the 3,700-room, 67-story gaming hotel located on the north end of the Las Vegas Strip.
According to the Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation’s (DETR) November 2022 economic report, Nevada gained 5,300 jobs over the month. Employment increased by 57,200 since November 2021, an annual increase of 4.0%. The total employment level in the state is 1,476,100. The state’s unemployment rate in November is 4.9 percent, increased by 0.3 from 4.6 percent in October and decreased by 0.4 percentage points when compared to November 2021.
Nevada State College Announces "Business Advisory Council" to Assist Students in Department of Business
Nevada State College announced "Business Advisory Council" to assist students in Department of Business. Members include leaders from Vegas Golden Knights, Credit One Bank, Henderson Chamber of Commerce, and MGM Resorts International.
The Nevada Governor's Office for New Americans (ONA) released a list of its achievements and accomplishments during 2022. In Nevada, 1 in 5 residents identify as an immigrant or refugee. ONA completed 161 casework cases in fiscal year of 2022, a 200% growth in constituent services from FY 2021.
In addition, ONA hosted an inaugural Nevada Newcomer Health Forum with Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada in June.
To improve diversity, equity, and inclusion, ONA led the implementation of Senate Bill 222, working alongside the Nevada Office of Minority Health and Equity and Nevada Commission on Minority Affairs.
- Panda Express Partners with Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Nevada to Open Panda Cares Center of Hope
- Atomic Museum Debuts New Exhibit, "The Bomb Without The Boom"
- GOLO Provides $10,000 Donation to Support the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Nevada
- MGM Resorts International and Nevada Public Radio Alliance Provides 42,000 Meals to Three Square Food Bank
- Nevada Builders Alliance Hires Jaron Hildebrand as New Executive Director
- The Private Bank by Nevada State Bank Promotes Donna Stanfel to Private Banking Relationship Manager
Vegas Business Digest is a forward-thinking, local digital media publication that focuses on Las Vegas business news and community. #HomeMeansNevada
To submit press releases and articles: firstname.lastname@example.org