HENDERSON, NV – Local and regional industry professionals are volunteering to help Nevada State College’s next generation of business leaders, through the Business Advisory Council (BAC), a program created by the College’s Department of Business. Launched in November 2022, BAC members serve as a link between the institution’s business programs and the broader business community of the greater Las Vegas area.
“We are honored to have such an accomplished and diverse group of leaders on our first Business Advisory Council,” says Dr. Neil Longley, Department of Business Director at Nevada State. “These professionals are volunteering their time and knowledge to help shape and equip the next generation of business leaders, and we are thrilled to work together to continue bringing unique learning opportunities to our students.”
As part of the BAC, members assist in maintaining an industry-relevant curriculum, expanding internship opportunities, increasing quality job placements, and helping facilitate applied student research projects. The first group of BAC members includes:
- Kerry Bubolz – President and Chief Operating Officer, Vegas Golden Knights
- Arturo Castro Jr. – Senior Vice President, HCI Advertising
- Bob Daniel – Owner/Strategic Partner, PrideStaff
- Laura Faulkner – Senior Vice President of Product Management & Business Development, Credit One Bank
- Walter Flores-Aguirre – Financial Services Professional, New York Life (Las Vegas) & Member of Board of Directors, Latin Chamber of Commerce
- Brent Montgomery – Senior Vice President of Fraud and Credit Risk, Credit One Bank
- Scott Muelrath – President & CEO, Henderson Chamber of Commerce
- Shaundell Newsome – Founder and Visionary, Sumnu Marketing & Chair, Board of Directors, Urban Chamber of Commerce
- Pamela E. Pollak – Executive Director, Talent Management & Organizational Effectiveness, MGM Resorts International
BAC members also serve as general ambassadors-at-large for the Nevada State Department of Business, helping faculty to continue developing contacts, working relationships, and networking opportunities in the business community.
For more information about Nevada State College, visit www.nsc.edu.