JUNE 14 2022 / ISSUE NO. 28 / ARCHIVE
Subscribe here and follow us on social media.
This Week's Top Stories
19 Acres Master-Planned Development Coming to Downtown North Las Vegas
Agora Realty and Management announced the closing of escrow on 19 acres in downtown North Las Vegas for a mixed-use, master-planned development, which will include medical offices, retail and restaurants, multifamily housing, and micro-businesses units. Construction could begin as early as first quarter 2023 with completion set for mid-to-late 2024.
NYU Hotel Investment Conference Recap
The 44th Annual NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference was held last week. New York City Mayor Eric Adams was the featured guest for a fireside chat with Jonathan Tisch, Chairman and CEO of Loews Hotels & Co.; CEOs from Accor, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, and Marriott, among others, also shared insights and forecasts.
Q&A: Justin Veilleux, Principal of FEA Consulting Engineers, on Industry Trends and Giving Back to the Next Generation
Justin Veilleux is a principal at FEA Consulting Engineers, one of the country's Top 10 Hotel Engineering Firms in the BD+C Giants 400. As a 2019 UNLV College of Engineering's Alumnus of the Year, Justin is a big supporter of the school and serves on its alumni board.
The Howard Hughes Corporation Appoints Linda Foggie to Board of Directors
Foggie, a licensed architect with over 20 years of commercial real estate experience, is the Managing Director, Global Head of Real Estate Operations for Citi Realty Services, where she oversees the operations of Citi's global real estate portfolio across over 90 countries. Prior to joining Citi, Foggie served as the Executive Vice President, Head of the East USA and Americas Head of Corporate Occupier at Turner & Townsend.
Foggie is a graduate of the School of Architecture at Philadelphia University, holds a Graduate Certificate of Real Estate Development from MIT, and is an Executive MBA candidate at Columbia University.
Last week, we attend an event hosted by the UNLV Alumni Association Lee Business School chapter. The panelists talked about the new campus master plan and developments of UNLV.
Commercial Real Estate
- Sprouts Anchored Retail Center Sold for $24.4 Million
- Henderson 164-Units Multifamily Sold for $65 Million
Hotel & Gaming
- MGM Sold Operations of Gold Strike Tunica for $450 Million
- Miracle Mile Shops Getting a Major Makeover with Digital Immersive Design
- Project 150 Awarding More Than $170,000 in Scholarships at June 22 Event
- Nevada Mining Association Launches 7th Annual 'Hope for Heat' Campaign Benefitting Boys & Girls Clubs Statewide
- Nevada Women’s Philanthropy Grants $500,000 to Ronald McDonald House of Greater Las Vegas
- MDX Labs Fundraiser Supports Caridad Charity
- CAMCO Nevada Announces Ashley King as New CFO
- OH Partners, Award-Winning Advertising Agency, Expands to Las Vegas
Please share this newsletter, subscribe here and follow us on social media. Thank you so much!
Vegas Business Digest is a forward-thinking, local digital media publication that focuses on Las Vegas business news and community. #HomeMeansNevada
To submit press releases and articles: email@example.com