JAN 10 2022 / ISSUE NO. 6 / ARCHIVE
Subscribe to The Weekly email newsletter by Vegas Business Digest for free.
This Week's Top Stories
City of Las Vegas Mayor Goodman Delivered Annual State of The City Address
Mayor Goodman foresees convention and tourism numbers to continue to increase in 2022 as more and more visitors return to Las Vegas. Professional sports have become a big draw for visitors and Mayor Goodman mentioned that an NBA, MLS and MLB franchise are all very real possibilities to be added to go along with the Raiders, Golden Knights and Aces.
Nevada Tops the List of States’ Economic Momentum
The Index of State Economic Momentum by Federal Funds Information for States (FFIS) ranks states based on their most recent performance in three key measures of economic vitality: personal income growth, employment growth, and population growth. Nevada claimed the top spot in 2021.
Summerlin Las Vegas Named Top 3 Best Selling Master Planned Community in the Country for 2021
Real estate consulting firm RCLCO released the results of their survey of the top-selling master-planned communities (MPCs) for 2021. Las Vegas, Nevada's Summerlin has earned the third place rank with 1,619 sales.
Gallery: CES 2022 Concluded With Over 2,300 Exhibiting Companies and 40,000 In-Person Attendees
CES 2022 concluded on Jan. 7th following a week filled with more than 2,300 exhibiting companies from around the world. After nearly two years, CES returned ''home''to Las Vegas welcoming well over 40,000 attendees in person, including 1800 global media, across 11 indoor and outdoor venues. Thirty percent of the attendees traveled from outside the US, representing 119 countries.
Commercial Real Estate
- Kennedy Wilson Acquires 528-unit Apartment Community in Henderson for $155 Million
- NOVUS Architecture Celebrates Silver Medal Award from Nevada Chapter of the American Institute of Architects
- 41% of US Broadband Households Have a Streaming Media Player
- Consumer Tech Industry Revenue Projected to Reach Record $505 Billion For First Time in 2022
- Panasonic Enters into Immersive Entertainment Collaboration with AREA15 in Las Vegas
- Panasonic Commit to Reduce The CO2 Emissions of All Operating Companies to Net Zero By 2030
Hotel and Gaming
Vegas Business Digest is a modern, local publication that focuses on Las Vegas business news and community. Our mission is to document the stories of our city and connect business minds to help make our hometown better.
To submit press releases and articles: firstname.lastname@example.org