JANUARY 27 2022 / ISSUE NO. 60 / ARCHIVE
This Week's Top Stories
Tesla Announces $3.6 Billion New Investment in Nevada
Tesla announced a $3.6 billion new investment in Nevada, adding two new manufacturing facilities and 3,000 team members to Gigafactory Nevada. This site is located less than an hour from Lake Tahoe, NV.
PNC Chief Economist Gus Faucher: Solid Growth to Close Out 2022, But Recession Looms This Year
- Real GDP rose 2.9% in the fourth quarter, slightly better than the consensus expectation.
- Consumer spending and inventories were the major contributors to growth in the fourth quarter. Housing once again was a big drag on growth.
- Inflation slowed in the fourth quarter, but services inflation accelerated, and the Fed will raise the fed funds rate next week.
- PNC expects a mild recession in 2023.
Downtown Las Vegas Announces “Down for Anything” Campaign
Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn G. Goodman announced the launch of a new multi-media campaign, “Down for Anything”, at the 2023 Las Vegas State of the City address. This project is funded by a federal grant from The American Rescue Plan as part of the city’s recovery effort.
Women + Money Financial Empowerment Summit Tickets On Sale
The Nevada State Treasurer’s Office is hosting a Women + Money Summit on Wednesday, March 22 at MEET Las Vegas. Sandra Douglass Morgan, president of the Las Vegas Raiders, will serve as this year’s keynote speaker.
Nevada Receives $55 Million Funding for High-Speed Internet
U.S. Senator Jacky Rosen announced that Nevada will receive $55.2 million from the American Rescue Plan for broadband infrastructure and other digital connectivity technology projects. The funding will help 40,000 households in Nevada to have access to high-speed internet.
- The Neon Museum Appoints Lana Morano as New Director of Finance
- SVN | The Equity Group Announces Sunshine Bono as Director of Property Management
- Governor Lombardo Appoints Tom Burns GOED Director
- The Mob Museum Announces Black History Month Program "A Night At The Moulin Rouge," Feb. 23
- The Las Vegas Rotary Club Celebrates 100 Years
Please share this newsletter, subscribe here and follow us on social media. Thank you so much!
Vegas Business Digest is a forward-thinking, local digital media publication that focuses on Las Vegas business news and community. #HomeMeansNevada
To submit press releases and articles: email@example.com