APRIL 21 2022 / ISSUE NO. 72 / ARCHIVE
This Week's Top Stories
According to the March 2023 report by Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation, the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate in Nevada was 5.5%, unchanged from previous month. The unadjusted unemployment rate decreased slightly, going from 5.7% to 5.4%.
PNC Chief Economist Gus Faucher: Federal Reserve Beige Book Shows Economy Flat in Early Spring, Tighter Lending Standards, Slowing Inflation
This commentary is written by PNC Chief Economist Gus Faucher.
- Economic conditions were unchanged in the early spring according to the Fed’s Beige Book.
- The labor market continued to expand, but at a slower pace.
- Inflation remained elevated but eased.
- The early-March problems in the banking system weighed on credit and optimism.
- The Beige Book supports PNC’s forecast for a mild recession starting later this year.
The A’s announced it has entered into a binding purchase agreement to purchase 49 acres of land in Las Vegas to build a new 35,000-seat, $1.5 billion ballpark, located across the freeway from the Las Vegas Strip.
Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance (LVGEA), one of the eight Regional Development Authorities (RDA) in Nevada designated by the Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED), announced three new hires: Senior Vice President of Entrepreneurial Development Heather Brown, Associate Vice President Business Development Mitch Keenan, and Executive Assistant and Board Liaison Katy Evilsizor.
- Henderson Chamber Adds Wellness Coach Platform for Association Health Plans
- Cortez Masto Pushes Bipartisan Legislation to Support Entrepreneurship and Small Businesses
- UNLV Service Learning & Leadership Receives $900k in Federal Grand Funding
Vegas Business Digest is a forward-thinking, local digital media publication that focuses on Las Vegas business news and community. #HomeMeansNevada
To submit press releases and articles: email@example.com