JUNE 21 2022 / ISSUE NO. 29 / ARCHIVE
This Week's Top Stories
The Las Vegas City Council approved a 50-year non-exclusive agreement with The Boring Company to expand the Vegas Loop to the city limits. The agreement allows The Boring Company to use the City’s right-of-way to construct, operate, and maintain a privately funded underground transportation system. All funding of the project will come from The Boring Company and private properties, no taxpayer funds will be requested. Construction is tentatively scheduled to begin in early 2023.
Nevada added 2,600 jobs over in May 2022. The state's employment remains below typical levels, but is up 96,300 since May 2021, an annual increase of 7.1%. The state’s unemployment rate in May is 4.9%, decreased by 0.1 percentage points from 5.0% in April and decreased by 2.9 percentage points when compared to May 2021.
Las Vegas City Council approved a Disposition and Development Agreement (DDA) with a local developer and nonprofit for the sale and development of 276-unit affordable family rental development consisting of 238 apartments and 38 standalone ''tiny homes''.
The Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED) Board approved seven companies that will receive $53,112,166 in tax abatements. In return these companies are required to create 1,013 jobs in the next two years at an average weighted hourly wage of $28. That figure is expected to grow to 1,722 jobs in five years. Additionally, these companies will make a capital investment of $490,309,444 in the first two years of operation and generate $178,220,769 in net new tax revenues over the next 10 years.
Commercial Real Estate
- Minority-Focused Small Business Loan Program Created in Southern Nevada
- Nevada Tribal Leader Amber Torres Appointed to Secretary’s Tribal Advisory Committee
- Team Nevada Returns After a Successful Appearance at the 2022 Special Olympics USA Games
- Olympia Companies SH Charitable Foundation Present $1.6 Million in Donations to Eight Local Charities
- Bank of America Awards $470,000 in Grants to 18 Las Vegas Nonprofits
- Las Vegas Restaurant Week Extended Through June 24
- Meet Carolina Lamartine, Senior Project Engineer at The PENTA Building Group
- Q&A: Justin Veilleux, Principal of FEA Consulting Engineers, on Industry Trends and Giving Back to the Community
- The Firm Public Relations & Marketing Receives Two 2022 Hermes Creative Awards
- The Little Vegas Chapel Celebrated Expansion During Pride Month
- OH Partners, Award-Winning Advertising Agency, Expands to Las Vegas
Vegas Chamber Business Expo
Vegas Business Digest is a forward-thinking, local digital media publication that focuses on Las Vegas business news and community. #HomeMeansNevada
To submit press releases and articles: firstname.lastname@example.org