JULY 26 2022 / ISSUE NO. 34 / ARCHIVE
Please share this newsletter. Feel free to subscribe here and follow us on social media.
This Week's Top Stories
Employment in Nevada Reaches New All-Time High
According to the Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation, Nevada has recovered all of the jobs lost during the COVID-19 pandemic and has reached a new all-time high of 1,452,000 jobs - 3,000 more jobs than the previous peak from February 2020.
The level of recovery among the eleven super sectors at the state level, has seen five industries surpassing their employment peaks: Manufacturing has recovered at 109.5 percent, trade, transportation and utilities with a recovery of 109.8 percent, financial activities at 108.0 percent, and education and health services at 105.2 percent. Leisure and hospitality stand at 90.7 percent recovery of its peak. Total nonfarm employment as of June 2022 stands at a 100.2 percent now above its pre-pandemic peak.
Ghostbar Returns to Palms on August 3
Ghostbar is returning to Palms Casino Resort on Wednesday, August 3, 2022. Originally opened in 2001, Ghostbar became one of the most popular bar and lounge in Las Vegas with a spectacular view of the Las Vegas skyline.
Henderson Chamber Appoints HDA Executive Committee and Board of Trustees for 2022-2023
The Henderson Chamber of Commerce announced the July 1 appointment of its 2022-2023 Henderson Development Association (HDA) Executive Committee and Board of Trustees additions. HDA is the economic development arm of the Henderson Chamber of Commerce and is committed to growing the primary job base in Henderson by attracting, retaining, expanding and diversifying the business community.
- City Of Las Vegas Launches Our Future East Las Vegas Initiative
- Las Vegas City Council Ratifies Fernando Gray As Chief Of The Las Vegas Fire & Rescue Department
- Governor Sisolak Reappoints FirstMed CMO to Patient Protection Commission
- PNC Bank Announces Three New Appointments
- Henderson Chamber Appoints HDA Executive Committee and Board of Trustees for 2022-2023
- Special Olympics Nevada Hosts 'Bowl for the Gold' August 20th
- JA Worldwide Nominated for the 2022 Nobel Peace Prize
- LVMPD Foundation Launches Back-to-School Initiative to Fund 12,000 Backpacks
Please share this newsletter, subscribe here and follow us on social media. Thank you so much!
Vegas Business Digest is a forward-thinking, local digital media publication that focuses on Las Vegas business news and community. #HomeMeansNevada
To submit press releases and articles: email@example.com