FEB 22 2022 / ISSUE NO. 12 / ARCHIVE
This Week's Top Stories
- Nevada Housing Division Announced $300.7 million Tax-Exempt Bond For Affordable Housing Projects
Fourteen affordable housing projects totaling 2,898 units are currently under construction. These projects are located in Reno, Las Vegas, and North Las Vegas and contain a mix of senior and family complexes, and new construction and rehabilitated units. Nine of these developments, totaling 2,153 units, are projected for completion in 2022 or early 2023. The remaining projects are projected for completion in early 2024.
- City Council Awards More Than $121 Million In American Rescue Plan Act Funds for Affordable Housing, Nonprofits, Businesses And Pandemic Response
The funds were divided into four categories, with 20% going toward affordable housing projects, 20% to businesses, 20% to pandemic response and 40% to nonprofit organizations. The city received these funds from the federal government in 2021 and the money must be spent by Dec. 31, 2024.
- 2021 Gaming Revenue Set New Record of $53 Billion, 21% Higher Than 2019’s Previous All-Time High
Nevada ranks the #1 state in commercial gaming, generating $13.4 Billion in 2021, 70.6% increases from 2020 and 11.6% increases from 2019. Pennsylvania ranks #2 with $4.8 billion and New Jersey ranks #3 with $4.7 billion in 2021.
Nevada State Line, 1955
(Please check your email image display setting if you cannot view the image below.)
Commercial Real Estate
Econ and Finance
Hotel and Gaming
- Palms Casino Resort Announces Multi-Week Career Fairs for February and March
- Treasure Island Hosts Job Fair on February 23
- 507 Soccer Teams From Around The World Registered To Participate In Las Vegas Mayor’s Cup International Soccer Showcase
- Opportunity Village Announced 2022 “March to $100K Game Plan” for Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month
- Three Square Food Bank Receives $60,000 Donation from Bank of America in Las Vegas
- Art After Dark - An Artistic Experience in Downtown Las Vegas on Feb 24
Vegas Business Digest is a forward-thinking, local publication that focuses on Las Vegas business news and community. Our mission is to document the stories of our city and help making our hometown better.
To submit press releases and articles: firstname.lastname@example.org