AUGUST 16 2022 / ISSUE NO. 37 / ARCHIVE
Please share this newsletter. Feel free to subscribe here and follow us on social media.
This Week's Top Stories
President Joe Biden to sign the Inflation Reduction Act into law
President Biden is scheduled to deliver remarks from the White House at 3:30pm ET today about The Inflation Reduction act, which was passed in the House last Friday.
In Nevada, Nevada Conservation League hosted a press conference on August 5th morning and invited Nevada elected officials, climate advocates, and clean energy business leaders to encourage the House to push for immediate passage of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022.
New Golf Experience Complex Coming to Las Vegas Strip in Q4 2023
Atomic Range, a modernized golf experience facility developed by Flite Golf and Entertainment, is coming to the Las Vega Strip in Q4 of 2023.
The 99,000-square-foot golf complex is located next to the STRAT on the Las Vegas Strip. It will house four stories with 103 separate hitting bays, six bars, 10 putting bays, meetings pace, and a multi-use Astrocade that will feature large scale screens to view sports and entertainment. Once completed, the golf entertainment complex will employ more than 500 locals.
Nevada State Bank’s Private Bank Report Explores Trends in Wealth Growth
The Private Bank by Nevada State Bank released its second issue of High Net Worth Report in 2022. Nevada homeowners gained an average of $91,000 in equity in the first quarter of 2022 compared to the prior year, the seventh-largest year-over-year home equity gain in the United States.
Between March 2020 and May 2022, the share of Nevadans aged 55 and over in the labor force fell by 4.7 percentage points from 40.8 percent to 36.1 percent.
City Council Enters Agreement with Tru Development for Cashman Center Redevelopment Plan
On August 3rd, Las Vegas City Council voted to enter into an exclusive negotiating agreement with Tru Development, LLC to study the feasibility of developing a mixed-use medical campus at Cashman Center supported by the Las Vegas Children's Hospital Foundation. The term is for one, six-month term with one six-month extension period if mutually agreed.
- YESCO Moves New Exhibit "Lighting Up Las Vegas" To East Las Vegas Library Beginning Sept. 15
- Rebuilding Together Southern Nevada Announces Home Repairs Funding for Low-Income Veterans with Disabilities
- The Las Vegas Chapter of the National Bar Association and Foundation Announces 41st Scholarship & Awards Gala
- FEA Consulting Engineers Principal Appointed to President of Southern Nevada Chapter of ASHRAE
- Henderson Companies Appoints Michael Branson as New Specialty Retail Practice Director
- LaPour Partners Announces Matthew Hoyt As Vice President of Finance
- Bank of Nevada Welcomes Michael Pizzi as Managing Director of Commercial Banking
Please share this newsletter, subscribe here and follow us on social media. Thank you so much!
Vegas Business Digest is a forward-thinking, local digital media publication that focuses on Las Vegas business news and community. #HomeMeansNevada
To submit press releases and articles: firstname.lastname@example.org