Last week, Station Casinos hosted a groundbreaking ceremony at the new Durango Casino & Resort construction site with its 200 team members. The new $750 million casino hotel is located on Durango and I-215 and is scheduled to open in late 2023.
Previously announced details about the project include:
- 83,000 square feet of casino space and an open floor plan blending indoor and outdoor socializing spaces
- Hotel tower with over 200 rooms and suites
- Four food and beverage outlets
- Food hall featuring fast-casual restaurants
- Race and sportsbook
- Pool with private cabanas
- 20,000 square feet of meeting and convention space
- 40 electric vehicle charging stations
- Multiple bike lanes to access the property with ample bike parking
The company unveiled a new modern logo with the agave plant and a new brand color palette with warm colors to represent the desert landscape style of the new casino.
Rock Resorts, Inc. Chairman and CEO Frank J. Fertiaa III and Vice President Lorenzo J. Fertitta joined Scott Kreeger, President of Red Rock Resorts, Inc., Bob Finch, COO of Red Rock Resorts, Inc., and Bill Richardson, Principal of W.A. Richardson Builders at the ceremony. The Architect of Record will be Las Vegas-based Friedmutter Group.