The City of Henderson announced its water conservation accomplishments in 2023 including the following:
- Reduced citywide usage by more than one billion gallons as compared to 2022
- Water consumption is down well over 10% at City parks and facilities
- Removed or converted almost 700,000 square feet of decorative grass in residential and business areas and in City parks, a nearly 40% increase from 2022
- Conserved over 162 million gallons of water in City parks, more than six times the amount saved in 2022
- Repeat water waste notifications reduced by over 15%, indicating faster compliance with regional watering schedule after contact
- Recognized Anthem Country Club with the City’s inaugural Water Conservation Award for extensive landscaping renovations that are expected to save nearly 60 million gallons of water annually
Last year at the State of the City, Henderson announced its H2One campaign to call to conserve and sustain water supply.