Girl Scouts of Southern Nevada’s premier annual fundraising event “Dessert Before Dinner” will take place on Friday, August 26 at Wynn Las Vegas. Six local female pastry chefs will create unique desserts featuring an iconic Girl Scout cookie as its primary ingredient. Fox 5 Vegas personality Nkiruka Azuka will be this year’s emcee, accompanied by auctioneer Christian Kolberg.
This year’s featured chefs are: Andrea Mineshima from Blau and Associates, Andrea McLean of Pop N Pies, Keris Kuwana of LEV Group, Brenda Browne from Boyd Gaming, and Yerin Son representing Wynn Las Vegas. Caesars Entertainment will also have a featured chef in this year’s dessert competition.
The gala will also honor seven outstanding women leaders in the Southern Nevada community. Their vision, influence and example define what it means to be a Girl Scout - leading a life of courage, confidence, and character.
2022 Honorees and Honorary Girl Scout Badge:
- Ogonna Brown, Lewis Roca – Take Action badge
- Jeri Crawford, Las Vegas Philharmonic – Catalyst for the Arts badge
- Debra Guedry, Landmark Commercial of Nevada – Visionary badge
- Pat Mulroy, UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law – Agent of Change badge
- Karla Perez, The Valley Health Systems – Trailblazer badge
- Dulcinea Rongavilla, Cragin and Pike – Power of Community badge
- Stephanie Stallworth, Cox Communications – STEAM badge
The fundraising event directly benefits local Girl Scouts and their leadership experiences through engagement in outdoor experiences, STEAM activities, entrepreneurship opportunities, and life skills program. Limited sponsorships and tickets are available at: http://bidpal.net/dbd2022